Blind Space - Marie Sexton It's not quite what I expected of Marie Sexton. I had become accustomed to well defined characters, sure of themselves, being challenged to overcome some personal dilemma.

The overall impression is the same in this book as well. But I did not feel as strongly for the characters. They seemed weak to me and undecided, making 180 degrees changes based on rather flimsy events. I had envisioned a strong leader, dedicated to his prince and found an inexperienced captain who he himself admits to have been promoted based more on his bedroom skills than anything else. It didn't take long for him to switch sides, despite his professed loyalty, when presented with reasons that I, as an outside reader, didn't find very convincing. I was also surprised how quickly Valero and Tristan hit it off but then again, I hardly believe in love at first sight, so I might overlook this aspect.

Their sexual relationship flared from the very beginning and more than his interest in women's linjerie, I felt that Tristan yearned more for someone to take control over him than to find a partner that liked his fetish. Also, I didn't get a sense that there was really any struggle before Tristan succumbed to Valero's advances.

Kelley's relationship with his men seemed tenuous at best. I expected him to take charge and offer what little comfort and support he could to the rest of the guards while they were being held prisoners. But he proved to be irritated by them and often left them to their own devices. Not to mention the ease with which he gave up his title and any responsability he had for them.

The story felt rushed to me. In the sense that the author hurried in writing it without smoothening out all the details that would turn the average plot into an interesting tale. It was an ok read but far from making the characters memorable.