Bastards and Pretty Boys - K.Z. Snow It was an interesting read!

I felt the characters could have been more developed. But it was rather a short story so not enough room for that. I guess what put me off was the simplistic way things were dealt with in the story. Stalking head-shrink, possessive lover who turned out to be son of above mentioned maniac, both with dark agendas for the main characters, everything veiled in subtle threats. And it was resolved by hidden cameras and a face to face confrontation.

What I liked about the story was the connection Charles (didn't really like him being called Charlie, made me think of a kid, not a grown up) and Hosea (now that is an original name) managed to forge in such a short amount of time. I liked how analytical Charles was both with himself and how he saw Hosea. Gave the impression of a mature man, come to terms with his qualities and flaws, knowing what to look for. Hosea came off as something of a prince charming (albeit recently released from prison) with warm smiles, kind heart, amazing body and artistic nature. Their relationship seemed a bit too perfect but since Charles was comparing it to his fling with Kenneth, it's understandable.

All in all, a good read.